HIPZ CONQUERS THE COTSWOLDS
HIPZ Conquers the Cotswolds will start and finish in Oxford and will take place over two days – Saturday 24th September and Sunday 25th September 2022.
You can choose to take part in the trek or bike ride. The trek group will walk a marathon over the weekend – 26 miles, split over two days. The cyclists will be able to choose whether to take on a 100 mile or 160 mile route – but you don’t need to decide just yet. Both groups will start and finish together and we’ll stay in University Halls of Residence in Oxford in single (or double for couples) en-suite rooms. We’ll go out for dinner together on the Saturday night, and will reunite for a celebratory bite to eat on the Sunday afternoon before heading home to rest up.
Two Day Challenge
You can either pay the full event cost of £350 and fundraise £500, or you can pay £150 to register and fundraise £700. The cost covers the guides, preparation and training advice, all food throughout the event including dinner on Saturday night and accommodation.
One Day Challenge
If you want to join us for just one day, you can come along on the Sunday. It’s a £180 deposit and £350 fundraising target for the one day challenge, and you can still choose between doing the trek and the bike ride.
Every one who takes part will get a lovely t-shirt or cycling jersey. Best of all you’ll be making a huge difference to our work in Zanzibar.
We can’t wait to get you all together for a fun, challenging and rewarding weekend in the Cotswolds!
Rough Itinerary (subject to small changes)
Saturday 24th September
- 9.00: Meet in Oxford at agreed location for briefing (TBC – we will coordinate logistics for people driving or coming by public transport)
- 10.00: Depart on day one of challenge (13 mile trek, 50 mile or 80 mile bike ride)
- 17:00: Finish for the day
- 18:30: HIPZ Conquers the Cotswold Dinner
Sunday 25th September
- 8:00: Breakfast
- 9:00: Depart on day two of challenge (13 mile trek, 50 mile or 80 mile bike ride)
- 16:00: Reach the finish line! Medal ceremony and celebratory food and drink
- 17:00: Depart